Question: Do the Business and Brause Real Estate Libraries accept donations?
Yes, but only very occasionally. If your materials are not a match for us, the Business and Brause Real Estate Libraries will advise on other cultural organizations where your donation may be a good fit.
We must limit our acceptance of donations due to the costs (one-time and recurring) associated with processing, permanently storing, preserving, and providing ongoing staffed access to donated collections. Thank you for your understanding of our limitations.
Generally we cannot accept:
- Widely produced, mass-market books
- Duplicates of what we or our partner libraries already hold
- Textbooks that have not been published within the last calendar year
- Self-published materials from authors who are unaffiliated with NYU
We consider donations that:
- Demonstrate a clear link to NYU's strengths or areas germane to our mission (such as business, economics, real estate, finance), etc
- Are unique, distinctive, or have some level of artifactual value
- Form a corpus that may be relevant to researchers interested in primary documents
- Are associated with our preexisting collections (ex: our United Nations or League of Nations collections)
- Are focused on or published by a notable NYU alumnus or professor
- Are focused on the history of Stern, SPS, or the College of Arts & Sciences' Economics department
- Are related to a notable New York City business leader, company, or organization
- Meet multiple of the above criteria
Thank you for your interest in preserving our shared cultural record. Please contact us with a brief description of your collection via our email form, linking your donation to the above criteria if at all possible.
The Business and Real Estate Libraries at New York University