Question: I am an instructor. How can I place a link to Course Reserves on my NYU LMS (Brightspace) site?
For NYU-New York and NYU Shanghai courses, you can add the Course Reserves tool to your NYU LMS (Brightspace) page. The Course Reserves tool enables your students to view items on reserve from within Brightspace. As an instructor, you can use the tool to manage your library course reserves, e.g. place reserve requests, monitor status, and organize your list.
- In your Brightspace site, click on "More Tools"
- Select the "Course Reserves" tool in the list of available tools.
You can also now also add Course Reserves Deep Links to the Content Tool to directly link to a course item from ARes to Brightspace.
- From the Content Tool, click the "Add Existing" button
- Click on the "More" button
- Click on "Course Reserves Deep Link"; the Course Reserves' course homepage will display the Reserve Items table
- Click the "Select" button next to the relevant Course Reserves item in this table.
The item link should now be configured for the course
If you need help adding the tool, contact Brightspace or see "Course Reserves Integration for Instructors" article. If you need help using the Course Reserves tool, for NYU-New York, please contact Course Reserves staff. For NYU Shanghai, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.