Question: Where do I find info on American Depositary Receipts (ADRs)?


American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are stocks that represent shares in a foreign corporation but are traded in the U.S.  The has a Fast Answers page for ADRs with a link to a full Investor Bulletin on ADRs.  ADRs are always registered with the SEC on a Form  F-1, F-3 F-4 or F-6 depending on the categorized level of the ADR.  In general, ADRs that trade in the major exchanges are known as sponsored ADRs. Unsponsored ADRs usually trade over the counter) A search for ADRs can be performed in the SEC's EDGAR filings. 

Go to the Virtual Business Library's Company & Financial Information section for links to useful resources including links to the following suggested resource.

Standard & Poor’s NetAdvantage:  Go to the Screening tab and choose Equity.  Go to Equity Details and click on Security Type, add Depository Receipt.  You can further refine the results by location, industry, etc.

You may also want to consult JPMorgan’s ADR web site ( This site includes a universe of current ADRs with identifying information. Go to Search DRs.

Answered By: Business Librarians
Last Updated: Apr 26, 2018Views:

Related Topics

Contact Us

JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Visit a reference desk
Make an appointment       
Text (NY): 646-265-1342     

New York: +1 212-998-2500
Abu Dhabi: +971 02-628-5544
Shanghai: +86 (21) 2059-5614